Happy Labor Day Weekend, Friends.
For this month’s post, I had this bright idea to turn to important current events for inspiration, but I can’t figure out to turn twerking* into a yoga lesson.
*For those of you living under a rock, see the end of this post.
The biggest news story of the week aside, things are kind of hectic this time of year, so I’ll just leave you with these little nuggets that will be sure to offer plenty of distraction to your return to the work week.
- Twist teacher Janell & I just spent a glorious week training with Judith Lasater in San Francisco. View pics from our epic download on our Facebook Page. You, too, can train in restorative techniques during Twist Yoga’s restorative training offered in October.
- I’m mortified to have actually said #1 on this list of absurd yoga teacher metaphors.
- Suddenly, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is even easier on the eyes!
- I’m content just looking at the pictures, but in case you actually want to read the article.
- I’ve thought this list was priceless for years. Finally have the guts to post it. And just in case we at Twist Yoga start to take ourselves too seriously, note FOUR of the top 20 items are mentioned in our Mission Statement. Ha!
- Along those lines, although nothing to do with yoga: “Awwww, Yeah!”
- Still nothing to do with yoga: Why wasn’t I invited to this party?
- Again, not related to yoga at all, but I’m a better mother for these helpful parenting techniques.
* Twerking was catapulted into the national consciousness this past Sunday thanks to Miley Cyrus and the MTV Video Music Awards. By Tuesday, the words “twerk” or “twerking” were used on television more than a thousand
times in a day. I’m pretty sure Fox News lead the pack on that one.
The good news for those with twerk fatigue is we’ve reached peak twerk. By Wednesday, Google trends showed interest was declining, dipping below interest in Syria.