Retreat to the Tuscan countryside! Join Jen, Claire and your friends from Twist Yoga for 8 days/7 nights of unforgettable food, transformational yoga, delightful connection and living the good life.
Your yoga retreat incudes 3 daily yoga practices and organic meals prepared by our personal chef. Our days might find us exploring neighboring villages, visiting a centuries-old winery or simply resting, anticipating the authentic Tuscan dinner we’ll enjoy among your new friends.
Relax by the pool at our restored 17th century villa, book a massage and delve into our daily yoga classes. We will begin each day with meditation, followed by an all levels morning practice and conclude most days with gentle yoga practices.
You’ll have the option to explore the local region through optional walks, bike rides and day trips to experience the beauty of this ancient region and its rich culinary heritage. Meals made from the freshest of local ingredients will be prepared for us by our personal chef and enjoyed around a traditional family-style table.
After a week of nourishing your spirit with your friends at Twist Yoga, we think you’ll return home in a very good mood.
Sample Schedule (subject to change):
Day 1: Ciao! Retreat begins at 4pm. Late afternoon gentle yoga, welcome dinner
Day 2: Morning yoga, optional* bike ride through Tuscan countryside and/or a stop in Lucca. Afternoon gentle yoga.
Day 3: Morning yoga. Afternoon walk to nearby vineyard, including wine tasting & private vinyard tour. Evening gentle yoga.
Day 4: Morning yoga. Free day.
Day 5: Morning yoga. All day excursion to Cinque Terre. Late dinner at the villa.
Day 6: Morning yoga. Free day. Optional* excursion to Lucca opera.
Day 7: Morning yoga. Optional* excursion to local hot springs. Evening gentle yoga. final evening dinner party
Day 8: Morning Yoga, breakfast and arrivederci at 10am!
We’ll stay in a beautifully restored 17th-century stone farmhouse outside Lucca in the Tuscan hills. With simple, stylish rooms overlooking olive groves, fruit trees and the verdant surrounding hillsides, the grounds are abundant, with gardens, sauna and swimming pool. Views of the sunset and sunrise are stunning.
- 8 days/7 nights accommodation at a 17th century villa.
- Transportation for a day excursion to famous Cinque Terre.
- 3 classes daily: Morning meditation, morning all levels yoga classes, afternoon gentle yoga
- 3 gourmet, organic and mostly local, meals daily prepared by our own personal chef.
- Local, organic wines from the villa’s own grapes
- Italian prosecco for last dinner
- Historic, local vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Free round trip shuttle from/to Lucca
- International air
- Applicable Tourist Visas
- Travel Insurance; highly recommended
- Airport taxes
- Airport transfers
- Tips or gratuities
- * Optional excursions, tours, admissions, massage.
– Shared double room, shared bath: $2095/$2195* (**pay by check/credit card)
– Shared double room, private bath: $2295/$2395*
– Single room, private bath (twin bed): $2395/$2495*
Retreat registration – Secure your spot by leaving your $300 deposit. You will be invoiced in two additional increments.
* Prices listed are per person, include early registration discount and are valid until April 1. Add $150 if registering after April 1.
** $Balance paid by check price/$Balance paid by credit card. (After initial deposit). We don’t have to pay credit card fees…. we pass the savings on to you!
Getting there — Nearby airports:
– Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca.
– Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca.
– If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
From airports to Il Borghino retreat villa:
Option 1: Make your way to the nearby village of Lucca, and take the free shuttle we’ve arranged (one group pickup at 3:45pm on retreat start day) from Lucca to Il Borghino,
Option 2: Make your own way to Il Borghino. Airport Transfers or other transfers outside of the scheduled group pick ups will be at you own expense.
Free Ground Transport from Lucca
– Arrival Day Pick-up: Check-in time at Il Borghino is 4:00pm. On the day of arrival, there will be one scheduled FREE pick-up from Lucca (town) to Il Borghino (retreat villa) at 3:45pm.
– Departure Day Drop-off: Check-out time from Il Borghino is 9:30am. On the day of departure, there will be one scheduled free drop off to Lucca Train station at 9:30am.
Cancellation Policy: Please be sure you will be able to attend our retreats before you submit your deposit. All deposts are non-refundable, non-transferable and not redeemable for account credit. Payment is due in full 90 days prior to the start of the retreat. If you cancel 90 days or more prior to the retreat start date, you will be issued a refund, less your $300 non-refundable deposit. Trip insurance is required by our villa, and can protect your retreat investment if you need to cancel for covered circumstances. Due to retreat centers’ refund policies, we cannot offer any refunds, transfers or credits for cancellations for any reason (including legitimate ones like illness, injury, family deaths or emergencies) within 90 days of the retreat start date. No refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat.