I offer curiosity seekers a safe space on the yoga mat to explore what makes them uncomfortable, so they can let go of what is holding them back.
Because yoga can be uncomfortable. So can new people and places .
In my classes, I’ll help you build trust in yourself by empowering you to move in a way that feels safe in your body.
We’ll work on linking your breath to your movements, so you can take a break from your thoughts and spend time experiencing the present moment. By increasing your awareness through yoga, you’ll be willing to take more safe-risks, which will ultimately help increase your confidence and allow you to grow. When you’re able to grow and connect with yourself on a deeper level, then you’re able to connect better with the people you care about most.
Come, take up space. Lay down your mat and move, or not. Listen for your breath and see how comfortable you can get in your own heart, mind, and body.
Here’s some more info about me:
In addition to being a Certified 200-hr Yoga Instructor, I’m a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and have worked in behavioral health settings since 2012. I took a two-year hiatus from my career in behavioral health in 2018 to attend graduate school and earned my MFA degree in Creative Writing and Poetics in 2020. I’m currently working towards my 500-hr Yoga Teacher Certification through Twist Yoga. When I’m not practicing or teaching yoga, I like to read and write poetry, spend time outdoors, and connect with friends and family.
CV: Ashley Skartvedt, MFA, CTRS/R, RYT-200
- 2021 – Dharma School Training, Jen Mitchell, 20 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2021 – Learn to Meditate #1 & #2 Workshop, Sita Tocco, 8 hrs, Ananda Yoga
- 2021 – Body Inclusive Yoga Training, April Magrane, 15 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2020 – MFA in Creative Writing & Poetics, University of Washington, Bothell
- 2020 – Trauma-Informed Yoga Training, Samara Andrade, 20 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2020 – Life of a Yogi Training, Liz Doyle, 15 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2020 – Ayurveda on the Mat Training, Kate Towell, 20 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2019 – Yin Yoga Training, Janell Hartman, 20 hrs, Twist Yoga
- 2015 – Certified 200-hr Yoga Instructor, Expand Yoga
- 2010 – Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- 2009 – BA in Therapeutic Recreation, Western Washington University