Described as the plexus of your personal power, your core includes your entire trunk and is home to an energetic and spiritual power house. Westerners have long been obsessed with their core- using exercise and diet to flatten and define their abdominals. Your core is so much more than six-pack abs! When we focus on core in Yoga, we have the ability to strengthen not only our bodies, but our digestion, tapas and yogic fire.
Join Carmen Greenleaf, E-500 RYT , for this 10 hour training and gain the tools to incorporate core work into your yoga classes in a subtle yet meaningful way. We will dive deep into the physical anatomy of the core, as well as the energetic and spiritual aspects, including the first three chakras.
You will learn how to use asana and pranayama in your classes to bring attention and empowerment to the core. We will practice yoga together in a way that weaves core strength and focus into practice. There will be opportunities for practice teaching, proven to be one of the best ways to hone your teaching skills.
- Review of core anatomy
- Review of lower body chakras
- The PranaVayus and pranayama techniques for bringing attention to core
- How to effectively teach these ideas in your classes and private sessions
- Saturday, April 4, Richmond Beach 11am-4:30pm
- Sunday, April 5, Richmond Beach 11am-4:30pm
- Embodied Posture, by Stacy Dockins and Yoga of the Subtle Body, by Tias Little
- Please bring a notebook, pens and/or colored pencils for some “anatomy coloring.”
Tuition: $195 if registered by March 27. $245 after
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to fourteen days prior to start of training. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.