Long after an individual, or a community, has experienced traumatic events, these experiences may continue to affect our personal life and the social fabric of our communities. Traumatic experiences live not just in our memories, but also in the physical body itself, often affecting our ability to self-regulate. Whether you are a yoga teacher, professional working with individuals or communities affected trauma, or have personally felt affected by trauma, you can benefit by better understanding the dynamics of how difficult situations affect the mind and body and how to use trauma-informed yoga as a complementary approach to healing.
During this Feet on the GroundTMtraining, Samara will share her knowledge of the science behind trauma responses, various ways to ground yourself and others when triggers occur, and the principles and tools of trauma-informed yoga and self-regulation. Samara developed this training along with Feet on the GroundTMco-founder Emily Pantalone. For more information on Feet on the GroundTM, please visit: www.feet-on-the-ground.org. This 20-hour immersion counts as Yoga Alliance continuing education credits.
* Option to attend on livestream via Zoom; no recordings available.
What makes this training different?
Samara has a unique and innovative way of teaching this transformational course that focuses on an embodied learning experience. Through practices, lectures, videos, journaling, small discussion groups and practice teaching students will gain a thorough understanding of the practices and tools of Trauma-Informed Yoga and how to use this knowledge in their own life, to teach a trauma-informed yoga class or to make their regular studio classes and privates more trauma-informed. This immersive training cultivates a safe space for sharing and reflection
- Embodied understanding of trauma-informed yoga as a complementary approach to healing
- Scientific understanding of the physiological effects of trauma on the mind and the body
- Principles and tools of trauma-informed yoga and self-regulation designed to cultivate resilience
- Tips and tools for yoga teachers to make regular yoga classes more trauma-informed
- Self-care for individuals working with trauma-affected populations
- Technique and practicum: teaching in small groups
- Deepen your personal understanding of the physiology of trauma and neuroscience, understanding how the brain can react to trauma
- Develop a knowledge base for understanding self-regulation and how to integrate offerings into your teaching, your sessions or your personal life
- Learn how to adapt yoga, breath, mindfulness and meditation practices
- Gain tools to teach trauma-informed yoga classes safely and to adapt your regular teaching to make it trauma-sensitive
- Create trauma-informed yoga classes
Please feel free to contact Samara with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Location: Twist Yoga or livestream via Zoom.
Friday, 9:00a – 4:00p. Saturday: 11a – 7p,. Sunday: 11a – 4p.
Recommended Reading: Overcoming Trauma through Yoga. by David Emerson, The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, and Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine are recommended but not required.
Each student will receive a manual the day of the training
Tuition: $345 if registered by 3/2. $395 after.
What previous trainees have said about Feet on the Ground’s 3-day TIY training:
- The thing I’m coming away with most is a deep connection with all of who I am and a desire to keep going. I can see a gift in my traumatic experiences because of the training and people in it.
– Yoga Student
- This training opened my eyes to so many patterns of fear I had been operating from and has given me the agency and awareness to move forward into the light – Yoga teacher
- Expanding my yoga teacher toolbox to give my students the guide to their own success has been phenomenal
– Yoga Teacher
- This training went beyond my expectations and has truly shaped my teaching style. Thank you!
– Yoga Teacher