For yoga teachers and curious students
Learn the basics of Traditional Hot Yoga (often known as the Bikram method) in this 30 hour, Yoga Alliance CEU training. Led by veteran teacher trainer Melissa Lange, YACEP, BSNX, and designed for both curious yoga students and teaching professionals, you’ll learn foundational techniques for teaching this disciplined style of yoga.
This training is *perfect* for current yoga teachers wishing to add the Traditional Hot method to their teaching toolbox – without the out-of-reach financial and time investment of a standard Bikram method training. Non-teachers and curious minds alike may enjoy this training as an avenue to deepen their own practice.
Join us! Your personal practice will deepen while exploring each posture and breathing exercise in the 26 and 2 series in depth. Current teachers will finish the training with the skills to teach the method effectively, efficiently, and compassionately. Non-teachers and curious students will have laid the groundwork to continue training for certification.
What is Traditional Hot Method?
In this Traditional Hot method of 26 postures and breathing exercises, most are performed twice. This therapeutic series is designed to work your whole body, internally and externally from the inside out. Traditionally taught as a 90 minute class, the method can be modified to fit 60 and 75 minute formats.
Who can enroll in the training?
- Serious students who wish to accelerate and deepen their own personal practice.
- Current yoga teachers wishing to add the Traditional Hot method to their teaching toolbox. This training offers existing teachers enough education to step into a hot room and deliver safe and effective instruction.
- Those who wish to begin teaching and curious minds may take this training as a stand alone training or as an introduction to a full Traditional Hot certification.
- Health and wellness practitioners who want to add a deeper understanding of the method to their knowledge base.
What you’ll learn/how you’ll benefit:
- The benefits, indications and contraindications of the 26 postures and breathing exercises.
- Alignment and modifications
- The history and methodology behind Traditional Hot
- Techniques for teaching this disciplined style of yoga.
- Expand your marketability as a teacher of a variety of methods
- Join our community of Traditional Hot teachers and practitioners.
Program Dates: March 2-4, for a total of 20 contact hours. In the week after the training, you’ll also complete 10 hours non-contact hours in personal practice & case study project.
- Training weekend hours:
- Friday, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday, 8:00am – 3:30pm
- Sunday, 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Non contact hours/Personal practice: 10 hours, including two additonal Traditional Hot Yoga classes & a case study due a week after training completion. Classes may be completed at studio of choice; cost of not included in tuition.
Training Location: Twist Yoga Shoreline, 20019 Hwy 99, Shoreline, 98133
Tuition: $295 preregsitered by 2/16. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to fourteen days prior to start of training. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.