For yoga teachers and curious students
Learn to teach Traditional Hot Yoga (often known as the Bikram method) in this 100 hour, Yoga Alliance CEU training. Led by veteran teacher trainer Frankie Grausam and designed for both curious yoga students and teaching professionals, you’ll learn foundational techniques for teaching this disciplined style of yoga.
This training is *perfect* for current yoga teachers wishing to add the Traditional Hot method to their teaching toolbox, without the out-of-reach financial investment and 500 hour commitment of a standard Bikram method training.
Non-teachers and curious minds alike may enjoy this training as an avenue to deepen their own practice or as Part One of a full Traditional Hot certification. Information on Part Two coming soon.
Join us! Your personal practice will deepen while exploring each posture and breathing exercise in the 26 and 2 series in depth. Current teachers will finish the training with the skills to teach the method effectively, efficiently, and compassionately. Non-teachers and curious students will have laid the groundwork to continue training for certification.
What is Traditional Hot Method?
In this Traditional Hot method of 26/2 postures, most are performed twice. This therapeutic series is designed to work your whole body, internally and externally from the inside out. Less therapeutic but still a great work out, the Traditional Hot series can be modified for a 60 minute class format.”
Who can enroll in the training?
- Serious students who wish to accelerate and deepen their own personal practice.
- Current yoga teachers wishing to add the Traditional Hot method to their teaching toolbox. This training offers existing teachers enough education to step into a hot room and deliver safe and effective instruction.
- Those who wish to begin teaching and curious minds may take this training as a stand alone training or as Part One of a complete Traditional Hot certification. Information on Part Two coming soon.
- Health and wellness practitioners who want to add a deeper understanding of the method to their knowledge base.
What you’ll learn/how you’ll benefit:
- The benefits, indications and contraindications of the 26 postures and 2 breathing exercise.
- Alignment and modifications
- The history and methodology behind Traditional Hot
Techniques for teaching this disciplined style of yoga.
- Expand your marketability as a teacher of a variety of methods
- Join our community of Traditional Hot teachers and practitioners.
We’ll meet 4 weekends (20 hours ea) beginning in March 2018, for a total of 80 contact hours. You’ll also complete a minimum of 20 hours non-contact study and personal practice.
- Weekends (Saturdays & Sundays): Mar 3 – 4. Mar 10 – 11. Mar 17 – 18. Mar 24 – 25.
- March weekend hours:
- Saturdays, 7:30am – 6:00pm
- Sundays, 9:30am – 7:30pm
- Non contact hours/Personal practice: 20 hours minimum, including reading/study and at least one additional Traditional Hot Yoga/week, at studio of choice. Cost of personal practice is not included in tuition.
Training Location: Twist Yoga Shoreline, 20019 Hwy 99, Shoreline, 98133
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee on $795 cost, up to fourteen days prior to start of training. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.