Help your clients, students or yourself receive the benefits of relaxation & Restorative Yoga in this 18-hr, Yoga Alliance certified training. In these times, the need for skillful stress reduction techniques is a necessity; in this workshop you’ll learn key support and alignment for restorative postures, therapeutic applications, as well as sequencing sessions to share.
In this, Twist Yoga’s 15th restorative yoga workshop, Janell will discuss the physiology of stress, the endocrine system and the detrimental effects stress has on our health and well being. You’ll learn the science of relaxing, the energetics of slowing down, and find ways to use these transformative concepts in your own practice or impart them to the people you help.
Schedule, subject to change:
- 11:00: Introductions
- 11:30: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 1:30: Lunch
- 2:00 Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 4:00 Break
- 4:15: Restorative Yoga class with Janell
- 5:15: Close
- 12:30: The Physiology of Stress
- 2:00: Restorative Yoga Class:with Janell
- 3:15: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 4:30: Lunch/break
- 5:00: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 7:00: Close
- Noon: Restorative Yoga Class
- 1:00: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 3:15: Break
- 3:30: Putting it all together
- 5:00: Close
Restorative Yoga Prop Kit ( one yoga mat, one standard rectangular yoga bolster, one 4″ block, two eye pillows, & Mexican style yoga blanket.) Prop kits available for rent for weekend rental: $95.
Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, by Judith Lasater (recommended reading)
Training Location: All days meet in studio, Edmonds.
Tuition: $395 if registered by 4/1. $445 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds, transfers of tuition to another event or account credits allowable after that time.