Help your clients, students or yourself receive the benefits of relaxation & Restorative Yoga in this 20-hr, Yoga Alliance certified training. In these times, the need for skillful stress reduction techniques is a necessity; in this workshop you’ll learn key support and alignment for restorative postures, therapeutic applications, as well as sequencing a group class.
In this, Twist Yoga’s 15th restorative yoga workshop, Janell and Jen discuss the physiology of stress, the endocrine system and the detrimental effects stress has on our health and well being. You’ll learn the science of relaxing, the energetics of slowing down, and find ways to use these transformative concepts in your own practice or impart them to your community.
Through direct experience, practice teaching and feedback, you will gain with the ability to confidently teach restorative and quiet practices, as well as incorporate them into your own practice.
Training Schedule, subject to change:
- 11:00: Introductions
- 11:30: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 1:30: Lunch
- 2:00 Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 4:00 Break
- 4:15: Restorative Yoga class with Janell
- 5:15: Closing
- 12:30: The Physiology of Stress
- 2:00: Restorative Yoga Class:with Janell
- 3:15: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 4:30: Lunch/break
- 5:00: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 7:00: Closing
- Noon: Restorative Yoga Class
- 1:15: Restorative Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 3:30: Break
- 3:45: Putting it all together
- 5:30: Closing
Restorative Yoga Prop Kit ( one yoga mat, one standard rectangular yoga bolster, one 4″ block, two eye pillows, & Mexican style yoga blanket.) Prop kits available for rent for weekend rental: $95.
Relax & Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, by Judith Lasater (recommended reading)
Training Location: All days meet in Studio, Edmonds.
Training Schedule: Friday, 11a – 515p. Saturday: 12:30p – 7p,. Sunday: Noon – 5:30p.
Tuition: $395 if registered by 4/1. $445 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds, transfers of tuition to another event or account credits allowable after that time.
* In the case of mandatory government shut downs or inclement weather, all curriculum will move to Zoom.