With evidence of the health benefits of yoga for pregnant and postpartum students, more people are turning to yoga during this important time, yet very few teachers have any training in how to best support these students. Given that many of these students are attending regular yoga classes, all teachers can benefit to prepare themselves to provide safe and supportive modifications based on the changes happening in the body during pregnancy and postpartum.
Through this 15-hour online (via Zoom) introduction to yoga for the pregnant and postpartum body you will learn the basics of how you can best support your students safely as a teacher. This training will teach you how to modify for your pregnant and postpartum students in class and give you the confidence to step in and sub prenatal and postnatal yoga classes. It’s also a great primer course if you are on the fence about becoming a certified pre/postnatal teacher.
This training isn’t limited to yoga teachers, this training is open to yoga practitioners planning to get pregnant or currently pregnant and to birth professionals of all backgrounds.
This 3-day module will include the following:
- An overview of the pregnant body including the anatomical, physical and emotional changes that a pregnant student may experience and how yoga can address these issues
- Sequencing and poses that are safe during pregnancy
- A brief introduction to labor and childbirth and the ways in which yoga can be a support during this time
- An overview of the changes in the body postpartum and how yoga can address such issues
- How to modify poses safely for pregnant and postpartum bodies
- The opportunity to practice teaching and receive feedback
Friday: 4pm – 7pm: 3 hours
- Opening Circle
- The Role of a Prenatal Yoga Teacher & Prenatal Yoga
- The Physiology of the Pregnant Body
- Common Discomforts & Changes in Pregnancy
Saturday: 9:00am – 4:30pm: 7 hours (includes 30 min lunch)
- Poses to Avoid and Ways to Modify them for Pregnancy
- Modifying Regular Yoga Classes for Pregnancy
- The Art of Teaching & Sequencing for Pregnant Students
- Meditation & Pranayama for the Perinatal Period
- Sample Class
Sunday: 9:00am – 2:30pm: 5 hours (inluces 30 min lunch)
- Physiology of the Postpartum Body
- Understanding the Changes to the Core through the Perinatal Period
- Asana for the Postpartum Body
- Closing Circle
- Online via Zoom
Tuition: $325 early registration by 11/22, $385 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds or credits allowable after that time.