Myofascial Release for yoga and wellness.
In this 15-hour CEU Level 1 Myofascial Release training, you will learn how to take better care of fascia!
Please note that this course has the same content as “Myofascial Release for Yoga and Wellness” offered in the past. We are updating the name to “Myofascial Release Level 1” effective this fall because we are adding Myofascial Release Level 2 in October 2018 with additional, all new content to help you expand on what you learned in this course. Check it out!
What is fascia?
Fascia is the giant-living-knitting fabric that holds us together and is the body’s largest sensory organ! Its health is kind of a big deal.
So why are you just hearing about it?
Until recently, fascia’s significance evaded Western science but we now know that myofascial release (the de-adhering, detoxifying and untangling of deep fascial tissues) effectively reduces pain, stress, recovery-time and the occurrence of injury while improving energy levels, well-being, posture, core-integration, anatomical understanding, proprioception and bolsters the immune, respiratory, muscular, skeletal, circulatory and nervous systems — to name a few!
In this hands-on course you will gain knowledge to help yourself and/or your students, friends and family:
- Effectively Self-Massage to Reduce Pain, Tension and More!
- Restore Range of Motion Post-Surgery or Injury
- Prevent Injury on and off the Yoga Mat
- Use Myofascial Release to Progress Toward Peak Yoga Poses and Athletic Endeavors
- Feel better in Your Body!!!
Come ready to take-in stimulating lectures that will expand your anatomical and asana understanding, participate in an extended self-massage session (with grippy pliable Yoga Tune Up Balls) as well as a sweaty vinyasa and MFR practice and a highly informative and nurturing hatha and MFR practice (both asana classes will be taught for all levels).
*You don’t need to be a yoga teacher to participate! This training is open to all mind-body-spirit enthusiasts with at least 2 years of yoga experience and a foundational understanding of anatomy. Massage therapists, physical therapists, physical trainers, dancers, etc., join us!
Friday: 11:05am – 4pm
- Vinyasa and Myofascial Release Master Class: Experience how a Vinyasana class can be enhanced with the use of YTU Balls
- Let’s Talk About Fascia: Part 1 of our Interactive Lecture
Saturday: 11:05am – 6pm
- Hatha and Myofascial Release Master Class: Experience how a Hatha class can be enhanced with the use of YTU Balls
- Full Body Roll Out: Experience a full body self massage using Yoga Tune Up Balls
- Unpacking the Yoga Tune Up Ball Tool Box: How to use YTU standards, alphas and coregeous balls and how to roll effectively on different surfaces
Sunday: Noon – 4pm
- Let’s Talks About Fascia: Part 2 of our Interactive Lecture
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Tuition: $295 if registered by Sep 2. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds or credits allowable after that time.