What is yoga? What does it mean to live the life of a yogabhyasi (yoga practitioner)?
Join Liz Doyle for this weekend course and you’ll learn the practical application of yogic practices, the philosophical underpinnings, tangible benefits and “how to”. This course is for teachers and students, and also can be counted as a 15 hour module toward Twist Yoga’s 300 hr TT program, or Yoga Alliance CE credits.
We’ll begin with the traditional goal of yoga, and an overview of the practices and their purpose. There are several important questions for us to consider:
- What is yoga?
- What is the goal of yoga? (And is this the reason YOU practice yoga?)
- How do we experience the world?
- What is our True Nature?
- What are the practices to help us know who we really are?
- How/why do they work?
- How do we do these practices?
- How do we incorporate them into our daily lives?
To answer these questions we’ll turn to the traditional yogic texts like Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and others.
We’ll do the practices together, step-by-step, so you know exactly what to do.
By the end of our time together, you’ll understand so much more about yoga philosophy, the practices, their benefits, how they will enrich your life, deepen your practice, and help you discover your True Nature.
- Friday: 11:05am – 4pm (Richmond Beach)
- Saturday: 11:05am – 5pm (Downtown Edmonds)
- Sunday: Noon – 4pm (Downtown Edmonds)
Training Location: Twist Yoga Richmond Beach: 621 NW Richmond Beach Road & Twist Yoga Edmonds: 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Tuition: $285 if registered by Jan 23. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds or credits allowable after that time.