GroovyKids® YogaTeacher Training is a 10 hour course which includes a discussion about the different approaches to teaching kids anything, the logic behind each approach and it’s effectiveness in different settings, be it in a dedicated yoga studio, a school, a small group class in a private home or even individual private classes.
The weekend will cover:
- Joy! Kids don’t respond to shy teachers! So we play some games designed to bring us out of our shells and break the proverbial ice. This part is INTERACTIVE and FUN!
- Then we move onto who yoga is for, what the benefits are.
- Teaching kids yoga means you have to be on your toes, so we practice games and exercises that bring us fully present.
- We’ll look at sequencing ideas and how we actually learn things, how we memorize them and why some things are easier than others to recall. We learn chants, songs, stories, yoga games and other things that all help make LEARNING and TEACHING a JOYFUL experience.
- After all the theory has been presented and explained, we go through the GroovyKids® Yoga Flow ourselves, it’s very helpful for the teachers to do the actual class as learning from the inside out is far more PRACTICAL!
- After looking at the various elements every successful Kids Yoga class must have, we invite kids to come and actually do a free Kids Yoga class. This is invaluable and the most fun part, because the teachers can immediately see for themselves theory in action!
Once the kids have gone home, we break down the class and ask ourselves, did we accomplish what we set out to?
And the answer is always YES!!!!
Workshop meets 11am – 4pm each training day. This training is certified as 10 hours contact CEUs according to Yoga Alliance standards.
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Tuition, Level I: $325 if registered by Oct 15. $375 after.
Tuition discount: Save $150 if you register for both Level I and Level II
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time.