Location: Richmond Beach
Join us this fall for Twist Yoga’s biannual Ayurvedic cleanse!
Ayurveda is among the world’s most ancient & effective wellness traditions. This practice places strong emphasis on moving in alignment with nature, and aids us in transitioning smoothly from season to season – especially during the fall and spring. Seasonal cleansing allows us to press an internal reset button, to encourage optimal health throughout the duration of the year.
Your program begins with a Cleansing 101 Workshop on October 13, followed by a week-long supported cleanse from October 14-20.
Please note that seasonal cleanses offered at Twist are not subsititutes for medical advice or treatment. Cleanses do not involve fasting of any sort. The main goals of Ayurvedic cleansing are to a) give the digestive system a break through nourishing, easy to digest meals, and b) allow the body a chance to clear built up ama (which we will discuss deeper in Cleansing 101).
What to expect:
During Cleansing 101 workshop, we will discuss the mechanics of cleansing, including:
- agni (digestive fire)
- vata dosha (the energetics of Fall)
- Ayurvedic cleansing versus other cleanses
- group cleanse structure
- pre and post cleanse planning and preparation
Participants will join a week-long group Ayurvedic cleanse October 14-20. This will involve:
- 2 days of pre-cleanse (simple meals, composed of whole foods)
- 3 days of kitchari cleanse (3 meals of kitchari/day)
- 2 days of post-cleanse (simple meals, composed of whole foods)
Exchange*: $80/$100 (Premier Members/non members), if registered by October 1. Add $25 day of workshop.
- cleansing 101 workshop
- kitchari kit (ingredients for 3 days worth of kitchari) + kitchari recipe and instructions
- Facebook group support throughout the week of cleansing: Cleanse leader, Melissa, will be answering questions on a daily basis
- Online Q&A group meetup the day after cleansing (must be able to access Facebook)
- Cost of food for pre/post cleanse is not included, as these parts of the cleanse will look different for everyone.
Cancellation policy: Refunds available, less 15% processing fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds, transfers or account credits allowed after that time, including for late arrival or failure to attend/complete workshop.