Chair Yoga makes the practice of yoga accessible to nearly all bodies and abilities.
In this 10hr CEU training, you’ll learn the benefits of chair yoga and how best to use this practice to support most bodies and abilities. You’ll feel confident to develop and lead a chair yoga class using accessible language and encouraging positive body awareness. Included in the course are strategies to foster a safe and welcoming community for the variety of clients you may serve.
You’ll have the chance to explore the versatility of the chair: fully seated practices, standing asana chair flow and creative sequences that’ll have you using the chair in ways you likely haven’t considered. This training is for yoga teachers, health & wellness professionals, caregivers and curious practitioners looking to explore this style of yoga further.
Schedule, subject to variations.
Saturday, 12:45 – 6:45:
- 12:45 – 1:45: Welcome & seated chair yoga practice
- 1:45 – 2:45: Chair Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 2:45 – 3:15: Lunch
- 3:45 – 5:00: Chair Yoga – Philosophy, techniques
- 5:15 – 6:15: Standing chair yoga practice
- 6:15 – 6:45: Closing
Sunday 12 – 4:00:
- 12:00 – 12:45: Creative chair practice
- 12:45 – 2:00: Chair Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 2:00 – 2:30: Lunch
- 2:30 – 3:15: Chair Yoga: Practicum
- 3:15 – 4:00: Pranayama and nidra meditation chair practice
- 4:00: Closing
Training Location: In studio*
Tuition: $235 if registered by March 1. $285 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds or credits allowable after that time.
* In the case of mandatory government shutdown or inclement weather, all curriculum will move to Zoom.