Chair Yoga makes the practice of yoga accessible to nearly all bodies and abilities.
In this 10hr CEU training, we will dive into the benefits of chair yoga and how best to use this practice to support most bodies and abilities. We’ll discuss how to develop a chair yoga class by using accessible language, encouraging body awareness, and providing options for each shape. You’ll learn how to set up and lead a chair yoga class that fosters a safe and welcoming community.
We’ll practice chair yoga in multiple ways; fully seated, in standing asanas, as well as a creative sequence as we explore the shapes in ways you likely haven’t before. This training is for yoga teachers, health & wellness professionals, as well as practitioners looking to explore this style of yoga further.
Schedule, subject to variations.
Saturday, 12:30 – 6:30:
- 12:30 – 1:30: Welcome & seated chair yoga practice
- 1:30 – 2:45: Chair Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 2:45 – 3:15: Lunch
- 3:45 – 5:00: Chair Yoga – Philosophy, techniques
- 5:15 – 6:15: Standing chair yoga practice
- 6:15 – 6:30: Closing
Sunday 12 – 5:00:
- 12:00 – 12:45: Creative chair practice
- 12:45 – 2:00: Chair Yoga: Philosophy, techniques
- 2:00 – 2:30: Lunch
- 2:30 – 3:45: Chair Yoga: Practicum
- 3:45 – 4:30: Pranayama and nidra meditation chair practice
- 4:30 – 5:00: Closing
Training Location: In studio*
Tuition: $235 if registered by April 1. $285 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds or credits allowable after that time.
* In the case of mandatory government shutdown or inclement weather, all curriculum will move to Zoom.