Body-Positive, Body-Inclusive (BP/BI) Yoga makes the practice of yoga accessible to all body shapes, abilities, and sizes. This 15-hr, Yoga Alliance certified training explores the ways much of modern western yoga is marketed and designed for thin, young, and able-bodied people.
This training examines how the marketed version of yoga, focused on image and performance, thus excludes and discourages most people from coming to a yoga practice. The BP/BI approach and methods prioritize an embodied movement experience over mastering traditional poses. Applying BP/BI techniques is especially beneficial for those who feel disconnected from or discontent with their body, and are seeking a sense of self-acceptance and appreciation.
In this training you will learn to how to create a class environment that welcomes people of all sizes and abilities. You will learn how to incorporate BP/BI intentions and language into your teaching that promote body-acceptance, including cues, transitions, sequencing, and postures variations for all body sizes and abilities.
Schedule, subject to variations.
* We hope to meet in person at both Richmond Beach and Edmonds studios, with the hybrid option to attend via livestream. If government mandates in-person closure during training weekend, training will be 100% virtual.
- 5:00-6:00: BP/BI Gentle yoga class
- 6:00-8:00: MODULE 1. Body Negativity and Exclusivity in Modern Yoga
- 8:00 – 8:30: Closing
- 11:00 – 11:45: BP/BI Hatha yoga class
- 11:45 – 1:00: MODULE 2: BP/BI Principles
- 1:00 – 1:30 : Lunch
- 1:30 – 4:15: MODULE 3. BP/BI Methods: Cues, Transitions, Sequencing
- 4:30-5:15: BP/BI Yin yoga class
- 5:15-5:30: Closing
Sunday 10:30- 5:00
- 10:30 – 11:45: BP/BI Vinyasa Yoga class
- 11:45 – 12:15: Lunch
- 12:15 – 1:45: MODULE 4. BP/BI Yoga for Large People
- 2:00 – 4:00: MODULE 5. BP/BI Yoga for Balance-Challenged Bodies and Chair Yoga
- 4:00 – 4:30: BP/BI embodied flow yoga and meditation
- 4:30 – 5:00: Closing
Training Location: Twist Yoga Richmond Beach/Edmonds or online via Zoom.
Tuition: $285 if registered by 4/1. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds, transfers of tuition to another event or account credits allowable after that time.