Join Kate Towell for an in-depth study into the science of Ayurveda. In this 100-hour immersion program, you’ll train in ancient, proven principles to optimize your own health and wellness, as well as learn how to share your passion for Ayurveda with others.
You’ll be your first client. You’ll accelerate your personal journey into whole health by bringing the wisdom of Ayurveda into your daily life through dinacharya, or daily self care practices. In doing so, you’ll develop the skills to support others to do the same.
As an Ayurveda Health Coach, you will have the knowledge and skills to create lifestyle plans, support Ayurvedic cleansing, and address common imbalances such as fatigue, insomnia and poor digestive health.
What is an Ayurveda Health Coach?
An Ayurveda Health Coach is trained in the principles of Ayurveda and is equipped to support others in developing their own personalized approach to health and wellness. This program is designed to bridge the off-the-mat practices of Ayurveda with the on-the-mat principles of yoga with the intention to support friends, family, students and clients in achieving life-long wellness.
Who’s it for?
- Yoga teachers who want to help their students accelerate their health and wellness through diet and daily habits rooted in Ayurveda.
- Yogis who want to up-level their own health with a deeper understanding of Ayurveda.
- Health and wellness practitioners who want to add Ayurveda to their knowledge base.
- Any serious student who is interested in Ayurveda and holistic wellness and wants to dive deeper into the teachings.
Benefits of the Course
- Accelerate your own health and wellness by embodying a deeper understanding of Ayurveda.
- You diversify your teaching and offerings.
- You are able to confidently lead a variety of Ayurveda workshops.
- You are empowered to support others with their wellness goals.
What You Will Learn
- History and philosophy of Ayurveda
- Basic guiding principles, gunas, 5 element, 3 doshas and sub doshas theories
- Prakriti and Vikruti assessments
- Daily and seasonal routines
- Ayurvedic diet and nutrition practices
- Optimize digestion through balanced Agni
- Seasonal cleansing
- Disease progression and prevention
- Intro to diagnostic and assessment techniques
- Ayurveda anatomy and physiology – gross and subtle bodies
- Subtle energies of Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- Ayurveda on the Mat
- Training in coaching and group dynamics
- Bringing it all together in life and in business
- 70 contact hours of instruction
- Private FB group
- Post-Training opportunities for mentorship
Fall Weekend Immersion (80 hours): We’ll meet 5 weekends (10 hours ea) from September through November, for a total of 50 contact hours. During this time, you’ll participate in a minimum of 30 hours non-contact study and case studies.
- Dates: Sep 8-9, Sep 22-23, Oct 13-14, Nov 3-4, Nov 17-18
- Hours; Saturdays 11:05am – 6pm and Sundays Noon – 4
Ayurveda on the Mat (20 hours): Also required is completion of Ayurveda on the Mat, either before OR after fall weekend immersions (this is not a prerequisite). Ayurveda on the Mat is an additional, 20 hour immersion workshop offered each winter (registration/tuition required separately).
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
- Fall Weekend Immersion: $795 with deposit submitted prior to 8/15. $895 after. Registration requires a $295 deposit; remaining balance to be charged to deposit credit card in September 2018.
- Ayurveda on the Mat: $325 if preregistered.
Students are eligible to miss up to two days (both days must be from the same training weekend) of the fall weekend immersion, with the understanding that making up work will require of students:
- Within one week of missed day(s), listen/understand recording of missed material; recording supplied via Dropbox.
- Complete missed homework and classwork
- Private instruction with Kate either by phone, Skype or in person to demonstrate understanding of missed material at the cost of $50/hour. Plan on 1-2 hours of instruction time.
- Proration of program tuition is not available for missed day(s)
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee on $795 cost, up to fourteen days prior to start of training. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.