Sleep is one of the three pillars of health according to Ayurveda and in terms of our overall well being, sleep is actually on par with diet; it is essential to both our physical and mental health.
Sleep deprivation is now being called a global epidemic and research has linked chronic lack of sleep to laundry list of illnesses including anxiety, depression, increased risk of heart attack, compromised immune system, accelerated aging, to name a few.
Ayurveda has much to offer the sleep-deprived or sleep-compromised among us. In this 3 hour workshop we will focus on practices to improve the quality of sleep, as well as, the ability to fall and stay asleep.
You will learn:
- the basics of the Ayurveda energy clock
- common sleep challenges, types of insomnia and practical solutions
- how to create and Ayurvedic evening routine to encourage sleep
- tools including breathing (pranayama), marma points (acupressure), yoga postures and Ayurveda herbal elixir recipes to support healthy sleep patterns
- This workshop is mainly lecture and conversation but will also include a short pre-bedtime yoga sequence. Wear comfortable clothes and bring your mats.