“There is a profound difference between studying anatomy and studying anatomy with a teacher like Harvey Deutch. Deutch’s extensive background in anatomy is further informed by a deep inside-out knowledge of yoga.”
-R. Power, student.
Take the study of anatomy off the page with Bay Area-based physical therapist and truly gifted anatomy instructor Harvey Deutch, who teaches a fresh, practical exploration of the human form.
In this 20 hour training, we will delve beyond the same old anatomy curriculum – into an intricate understanding of the human body and fluid biomechanics. Knowledge gained in this training will not only inspire your personal practice with new awareness, but will help keep you (and your students) injury free on (and off) the mat. As a student in Harvey’s training, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding of what happens inside the body during asana, including what is taking place in your joints, muscles, and soft tissues to not only produce, but to sustain asana as well.
- Seek not to perfect the physical system, but rather learn how to compassionately respond to mechanical blocks and organic restrictions in our bodies.
- Understand anatomical individuality: Learn why no two people will ever experience the same yoga posture in the same way.
- Learn practical skills to view your body and the bodies of your students with newfound understanding.
- Practice asana with longtime teacher Harvey Deutch
Whether you are looking to polish your long-standing practice or are a yoga teacher wanting to deepen your anatomical knowledge from a truly gifted practitioner in the anatomy of yoga, this training is for you.
* Note: Please arrive to this training with a basic knowledge of the human musculoskeletal system.
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to seven days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time.