With an eye toward individual adaptations, we’ll investigate alignment, modifications and strategies for efficiency and progression in asana.
We’ll work with logical pose groupings (see below) and start with foundational concepts & alignment, preparatory asanas and injury/issue modifications as well as what comes next for those ready to go deeper.
Friday 12:00-4:00pm: Backbends & Twists
Saturday 2:30-6:30pm: Hips & Forward Bends
Sunday 12:00-4:00pm: Arm Balances & Inversions
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to set the stage with good alignment for safe progression
- Where things go wrong & easy “fixes” when things don’t feel right
- What the best preparatory poses are for peak poses
- Why a “whole body” approach to a pose is the most effective
- How to experiment efficaciously to gain understanding
Whether you are a teacher, dedicated student or simply curious about what exactly is supposed to be going on in a particular pose, this workshop will arm you with tons of information you can use to:
- Develop your own practice
- Create an atmosphere of curiosity and learning in your classes & personal practice
- Make some real progress not just in your physical practice, but where it really counts- on the INSIDE, through better concentration and energetics.
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Tuition: $295 if preregistered by 10/5. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to fourteen days prior to start of workshop. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.