Join Kate Towell for an in-depth study into the science of Ayurveda. In this 100-hour immersion program, you’ll train in ancient, proven principles to optimize your own health and wellness, as well as learn how to advise others.
You’ll be your first client. You’ll accelerate your personal journey into whole health by bringing the wisdom of Ayurveda into your daily life through sadhana, or daily self care practices. In doing so, you’ll develop the skills to support others to do the same. As an Ayurveda Health Coach, you will have the knowledge and skills to create lifestyle plans, support Ayurvedic cleansing, recommend basic herbs and support common imbalances such as fatigue, menopause, insomnia and poor digestive health.
What is an Ayurveda Health Coach?
An Ayurveda Health Coach is trained in the principles of Ayurveda and is equipped to advise others in developing their own personalized approach to health and wellness. This program is designed to bridge the off-the-mat practices of Ayurveda with the on-the-mat principles of yoga with the intention to support friends, family, students and clients in achieving life-long wellness. Ayurveda Health Coach have a strong background in yoga and a committed personal practice but do not have to be yoga teachers.
Who’s it for?
- Yoga teachers who want to help their students accelerate their health and wellness through diet and daily habits rooted in Ayurveda.
- Yogis who want to up-level their own health with a deeper understanding of Ayurveda.
- Health and wellness practitioners who want to add Ayurveda to their knowledge base.
- Any serious student who is interested in Ayurveda and holistic wellness and wants to dive deeper into the teachings.
Benefits of the Course
- You up-level your own health and wellness by embodying a deeper understanding of Ayurveda.
- You diversify your teaching and offerings.
- You are able to confidently lead a variety of Ayurveda workshops.
- You are empowered to support others with their wellness goals.
What You Will Learn
- History and philosophy of Ayurveda
- Basic guiding principles, gunas, 5 element, 3 doshas and sub doshas theories
- Prakriti and Vikruti assessments
- Daily and seasonal routines
- Disease progression and prevention
- Ayurvedic diet and nutrition practices
- Optimize digestion through balanced Agni
- Intro to diagnostic and assessment techniques
- Seasonal cleansing
- Basic Ayurvedic herbalism
- Subtle energies of Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- Training in coaching and how to make changes that are counter culture
- Ayurveda on the Mat
- Bringing it all together in life and in business
- Fall Weekend Immersion: We’ll meet 5 weekends (10 hours ea) from September through November, for a total of 50 contact hours. During this time, you’ll participate in a minimum of 30 hours non-contact study and case studies.
- Dates: September 9/10, Sep 23/24, Oct 14/15, Oct 28/29 and Nov 18/19.
- Hours; Saturdays 11:05am – 6pm and Sundays Noon – 4
- Ayurveda on the Mat: Also required is completion of Ayurveda on the Mat, either before OR after fall weekend immersions (this is not a prerequisite). Ayurveda on the Mat is an additional, 20 hour immersion workshop offered each winter (registration/tuition required separately).
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
- Fall Weekend Immersion: $795 with deposit submitted prior to 8/15. $895 after. Registration requires a $295 deposit; remaining balance to be charged to deposit credit card in September 2017.
- Ayurveda on the Mat: $295 if preregistered.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee on $795 cost, up to fourteen days prior to start of training. No refunds or account credits allowable after that time.