Through asana, ritual, story and mantra, we’ll devote our weekend to studying five of the most auspicious deities in the yoga tradition. We’ll explore how each of these deities – Ganesha, Shiva, Durga, Hanuman & Lakshmi – is an expression of the Divine. In this immersion, we’ll learn how we can embody the powerful expressions of each deity, ultimately guiding us on a path to experiencing the Divine in ourselves, and in every moment.
Included in the exploration of each deity we’ll work with:
- The mythology of each deity and their relevance
- The vibrational currents of the energies of these deities
- Techniques to activate intuition to attune to the positive energies of these deities.
- Aligning with high vibration energy.
- Asana that awakens, aligns, and honors the Prana of the deities.
- Story telling, meditations, mantras, asana, group work & puja-rituals in honor of each of these deities and the energy they carry.
- Bhakti (devotion).
- Sacred geometrical patterning of the physical body that awakens powerful energies of the subtle bodies to these Divine pathways.
- Short personal practices of writing and discovering how these deities can become allies for you.
This 20-hour weekend workshop/training is open to both teachers and students who are looking for the hidden gifts of the ritual and story of ancient yoga mythology and their relevance to modern spiritual living.
This course of study may be taken as a stand-alone training or as part of the Twist Yoga 500 Hr Independent Study Teacher Training Program.
- 9:30-11am – Asana: Opening the Gateway to the Divine: Ganesha’s Story, Puja, Meditation, Mantra, Vinyasa. (This asana class is open to the general public).
- 11:15-12:15 The Bhakti Path: The power of surrendering to the light of the heart.
- 12:15-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-4:00pm Shiva: Awakening through releasing, clarifying, and destroying: Shiva’s story, meditation, mantra, Shiva’s asana dance, & writing practice.
Saturday, 11:05am – 7:00pm
- 11:05-1:45 Redefining the Strength & Power of the Heart: Durga’s story, Durga puja, meditation, mantra, vinyasa & short writing practice. (private, workshop-only asana class)
- 2:00-3:00 Practicing Fierce Compassion in Fierce times: Making it Relevant
- 3:00-4:00 Lunch
- 4:00-5:00 Puja, Ritual & Ceremony: The art, practice and importance of holding space for the divine in your teaching and every day life.
- 5:30-7:00 Devotion to Love, Light & Divine Balance: Hanuman’s Story, meditations, mantra, restorative practice, and your personal divine love story.
- 12:00-12:45 Understanding Fullness & Emptiness: Lakshmi’s Story
- 12:45-1:00 Break
- 1:00-3:00 Celebrating True Abundance: Lakshmi puja, bhakti vinyasa, meditations, mantras, and short writing practice.
- 3:00-4:00 Making it Personal: Putting our teachings into personal practice, integrating into your teaching, or sharing with your communities in a way that expresses these unique energies & enhances the amazing journey through the illuminated path of the heart.
Recommended Materials: We provide some cushions and props for this training, but if you have personal blankets, bolsters and sitting cushions that would make you more comfortable, feel free to bring them. If you have any altar items that hold power for you, bring them (although not necessary). What not to bring to the studio: Valuables, as our storage areas are not 100% secure.
Training Location: Twist Yoga, 122 5th Avenue S, Downtown Edmonds, 98020
Training Schedule: Friday, 9:30am – 4:00. Saturday: 11:05 – 7:00p,. Sunday: Noon – 4:00.
Tuition: $295 if registered by 11/10. $345 after.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds available, less a 15% administration fee, up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds, transfers of tuition to another event or account credits allowable after that time.