200 Hour RYT Yoga SchoolWith Michele Hausman Apply now »
Our Approach: Get better at being you. Then, prepare to teach.
2019 Program begins January 11. Deadline to join: January 5, 2019.
Be better at being you. Twist Yoga’s 200 Hour Yoga School is open to those with a curiosity for the life-altering powers of yoga. As a student, you’ll deepen your practice and get better at viewing your life through the lens of your practice.
For sure, you’ll get stronger physically. More importantly, you’ll empower yourself to facilitate shifts in your own life through yoga’s transformational teachings. Self limiting, habitual, thoughts + actions will have less of hold on you.
Then, if you feel the call to inspire others, we will prepare you to teach. At Twist Yoga, we’ve always believed the best instructors teach from a place of wisdom. After building clarity in your own practice, you’ll have a foundation for helping others to develop their own.
Rather than craft a program that is just for deepening your practice or just preparing you to teach, we’ve created a space for both. First, you’ll deepen your personal knowledge of the 8 Limbs of Yoga, including yoga lifestyle, asana + meditation and self-study routines.
Then, our 200-hour, Yoga Alliance certified and licensed Washington Vocational School (our trainers hold masters degrees in education) program prepares you to teach yoga with clarity, compassion, and confidence.
What you get
Your personal practice will deepen. Your understanding of the scope of yoga will deepen. You will be qualified to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. You will have the ability to confidently stand up in front of students anywhere and offer a meaningful yoga class. You will be supported by inspiring and experienced teacher trainer, Michele Hausman, E-RYT 500, assisted by Meghan Sultenfuss, PT, RYT, Jen Mitchell, E-RYT 500, M.Ed, Melissa Lange, BS, ERYT, and Elizabeth Snyder, ERYT 500.
Who should enroll
Any student of yoga who is curious and dedicated to learning is welcome to apply for our teacher training program. It is meant to deepen the student’s personal practice while also setting the foundation for those interested in teaching yoga.
Michele has always been a student of movement; ballet, jazz and aerobics. She has also always been a student of human behavior. Majoring in psychology at college and dabbling in Myth and Jungian psychology.
Meghan attended Boston University and graduated with her B.S. in Health Sciences in 2003, and her M.S. in Physical Therapy in 2005.
- Yoga philosophy and ethics
- The art of teaching yoga
- Asana alignment
- Language, voice awareness & learning methods
- Anatomy for Yogis
- Chanting & mantra
- Actual teaching practice
- Independent study: Personal practice, asana classes, one-on-one work with teacher/mentor
Included in the coursework: The 200 hour training is comprised of 140 hours of teacher/student classroom hours and 60 hours of independent study (6 hours self-selected workshops/trainings with RYT teacher of choice + 54 hours of self-study including but not limited to assigned readings, personal asana practice and assigned homework), to be completed over a 6 month period.
Our 200 hour training is comprised of:
- In-Studio training.
- Training weekends beginning the 2nd Friday of each month, except April, which meets Apr 19-21.
- 3rd Thursdays of each month (Feb – May), 5:30 – 9pm.
- Yoga retreat – a five-day yoga retreat June 16-20, 2019, at Breitenbush Hot Springs
Training dates and times for 2019;
- 2019 training weekends: Jan 11-13, Feb 8-10, Mar 8-10, Apr 19-21, May 10-12.
- The third Thursday of each month (Feb – May), 5:30-9pm.
- Weekend training hours include Fridays, 9:30-5:15. Saturday, 9:30-5. Sunday, 10:15-4.
- Part two: 5 day culminating training retreat at Breitenbush Hot Springs, June 16-20 2019
Aside from your instruction, included in your tuition is:
- Training & reference manual
- A yoga retreat! A 5-Day training retreat (a $1000 value) at Breitenbush Hot Springs in June, 2019 (shared cabins, no bath. Upgrades available)
All students of yoga with a desire and dedication to learn about the practice encouraged to apply.
As a teacher trainee, plan on :
- Enjoying a healthy home practice.
- Joining us for all portions of all weekend intensives (although make up opportunities exist)*
- Anticipate 1-2 hours of reading and/or homework per week.
- Procure required home practice props and books for required materials list.
- Completion of required reading assignments and homework turned in on time.
- Passing grade of 70% on final exam.
- Attendance at culminating teacher training retreat.
- 2 hours of observation of yoga classes
- Complete 6 hours of self-selected workshops/trainings with RYT teacher/studio of choice
* The 200-hour certification is based on classroom hours with your trainer. For this reason, any hours missed must be made up with our instructors at our private training rate of $55 per hour. It is possible to miss up to an entire weekend and attend one of our weekend CEU’s + meet with Michele for 1.5 hours so save on training rate.
2019 tuition and payment options:
- Pay in full: A total of $2,795* (Oct 15 early application pricing) if paid in full by check by December 15.
- Payment plan option: A total of $2,995* (early registration), paid in 5 equal monthly installments charged to cc on file.
- Your tuition includes an all inclusive 5 Day June yoga retreat to Breitenbush Hot Springs (A $1000 value!).
- Tuition also includes all training hours + training manual.
* Early bird pricing (apply by Oct 15). Add $100 after 10/15 and $200 after 11/15. Tuition does not include required books & materials for training, 6 hours of independent study of student’s choice, and transportation to/from training retreat.
- You’ll receive $200 off full tuition if we receive your application prior to Oct 15.
- You’ll receive $100 off of full tuition if we receive your application prior to Nov 15.
- Absolute deadline to apply: January 5.
We at Twist Yoga think the following texts are a must for any serious yogi’s library; so much so that they are on the required reading list for our Twist Yoga Teacher Training.
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Bringing Yoga to Life, Donna Farhi
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga, by David Keil.
- The Heart of Yoga, by TKV Desikachar
- The Royal Path, Practical Lessons on Yoga, by Swami Rama
Teacher Training Recommended Reading List:
– Yoga Anatomy, Kaminoff/Matthews
– Hatha Yoga Pradipika,
– The Little Book of Hindu Deities, Sanjay Patel
– The Upanishads, Anonymous
– Eastern Body, Western Mind, Judith Anodea
– The Breathing Book, Donna Farhi
– Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
– The Heart of Yoga, TKV Desikachar
– Yoga for Wellness, Gary Kraftsow
– Light on Prahayama, BKS Iyengar
– Bhagavad Gita, Barbara Stoler Miller
– Meditations for the Mat, Rolf Gates
– Healing Mantras: Using sound affirmations for personal power, creativity and healing, by Thomas Ashley Farrand
– Yoga & Ayurveda, by Dr. David Frawley